This document was last updated on 15.02.2022.
- What type of information we collect
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services and interaction with the website (“Non-personal Information”). We are not able to identify the user from the Non-personal Information that is collected.
In order to enhance the functionality of the Services and to provide you with a better user experience, we collect technical information transmitted by your computer (through the use of third party analytical cookies), including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.).
We also collect information about your use of the Services, such as user activity (e.g. pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.). This information is collected, amongst other things, for research and analytics purposes about your use of the Services.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”). This may be collected when you subscribe for our email newsletters by providing us with your email address on the website or when you post a comment including your name and email address in response to one of our news pieces.
We may also collect specific types of connection details and information with regard to your device and hardware, such as IP addresses.
We collect personal information as defined by section 3 of the Privacy Act. If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer containing information about your access to the website. We and our trusted partners may use such cookies for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier.
We use the following types of cookies:
Session cookie: Allow us to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close it.
Persistent cookie: A cookie that remains on your Device for the period of time specified in the cookie and activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
Performance cookies: Cookies which gather information about how you use and navigate a website. For example, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from them. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All of the information gathered by these types of cookies are aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: Used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times or the frequency you see an advertisement as well as help measure the efficiency of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s consent. They record that you have visited a particular website as well as what pages you have viewed, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. Examples of such third-party analytics providers include Google, VWO, Hotjar and Clicky. For more information about online behavioral advertising cookies and online privacy, please see the guide produced by the internet advertising industry available at https://privatecasinos.com/
You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your web browser; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Service may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited. For additional information about cookies and how to disable cookies, we recommend the following website: https://privatecasinos.com/
In addition, our website may run widgets, beacons and other technologies which collect mainly Non-personal Information connected to your browsing tendencies. We use such technologies for routine operation, including for the collection of statistical data about your use of our Service and in order to adapt the Service to your personal preferences. The information collected through such tracking technologies by third parties on our behalf, help to provide technical diagnostics and analytic tools.
- How we use the information we collect
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where you have given us your specific consent for processing your personal data as a legal basis. We will always obtain your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- To provide our Services (e.g. enable you to share and post User Content; follow other users’ shared content; etc.);
- To communicate with you and respond to you if you have a query relating to any of the information on the site and to keep you informed of our latest updates and email newsletters;
- To support and troubleshoot our Services;
- To develop our business and inform our business strategy
- Provide you with information relating to your membership within our membership area
The type of personal information collected and the purposes listed above are necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services, grow our business, study how visitors use our services and inform our marketing strategy).
We use Non-personal Information for analytical purposes:
- To conduct anonymous analytics in order to improve and customize our Services to your needs and interests;
- To test changes to the Services and make improvements to their functionality.
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Companies in the same group as the Controller.
- Third-party companies referred to above for analytics purposes and website performance. External third parties may also include providers of marketing services to enable us to communicate with you by email (such as sending out our monthly newsletters).
- Third parties in relation to the acquisition, sale or merger of the company, business or its assets in respect to prospective purchasers and/or vendors or on a business reorganization.
- Other third party marketing service providers that support website performance
We ensure that all third parties have measures in place to protect the security of your Personal Information and process it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and only allow them to process your Personal Information for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iii) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (iv) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (v) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies.
- Third party collection of information
You are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of using any third-party websites, services or applications.
- How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users’ information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information including by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to do so.
- Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside Canada. Wetake steps to ensure that a similar level of protection is given to your Personal Information. If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse our Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at [email protected]
We have put in place measures for dealing with any Personal Information breach that we suspect and will inform you and any relevant regulator of a breach where we are required to do so, in accordance with law.
- For how long do we retain the information we collect?
We value your privacy and control over your Personal Information, and therefore you may, at any time, request to change and update it by emailing us at [email protected] You can also request that we will correct errors or that we will erase your Personal Information (except for data that we are required to keep under applicable laws) by emailing us.
Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise we retain the information in accordance with our retention policy which you can request from us. The period of retention of your Personal Information is always balanced against the volume, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information collected, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and if those purposes may be achieved through other means and the relevant legal requirements. We aim to rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information promptly upon becoming aware of such error or inaccuracy.
- Corporate transaction
- Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Your Legal Rights
According to Canadian legislation and specifically under both the Privacy Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. P-21) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (S.C. 2000, c. 5, Assented to 2000-04-13) data subjects with a residentship in Canada have the following rights: :
- The right to access information – the right to both:
confirmation as to whether (or not) an agency holds information about that person; and
access to such personal information, where such personal information may be readily retrieved.
- The right to correction of information – the right to request correction of information. The agency must, on request or of its own initiative, take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure (having regard to the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used), the information is accurate, up to date, and not misleading.
In addition to the access and correction rights you may be entitled to exercise the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal data (for instance, where we base the processing on our legitimate interests and we will stop processing your data. Except for processing related to direct marketing, we may resume processing if we can show legitimate grounds that override your rights;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data (for instance, if the data is not accurate and needs to be updated). This can also be done for data where the purposes of processing no longer apply, but you still need the data and do not want us to erase it;
- request erasure of your personal data (for instance, if it’s no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, if you have withdrawn consent or there is no other legal basis for processing, or if you have objected to the processing and our legitimate interests do not override your rights). Certain data may not be erased if we have a requirement to retain it for legal purposes;
- request portability of your own personal data (the transfer of information you have provided to us, to another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format), if such a request is technically possible to complete.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
The Services are not designated to users under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use the Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us at [email protected]
- Time Limit to Respond
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month if you wish to exercise any of your rights. No fee is required to exercise any of your rights in respect to your Personal Information that we collect. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if we consider your request excessive, unfounded or of a repetitive nature and may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances. We will notify you if your request is complex and requires longer than 1 month to provide a response. We will endeavor to keep you updated.
- How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at [email protected]